Like many Americans, we mourn the murder of George Floyd and condemn the systemic violence and
racism directed toward Black Americans. For 100 years, Scholastic has worked toward a more just and equitable
world for students and families. Today, we renew that commitment. As we move forward, we are guided by the words
of Scholastic’s credo:
We believe in:
• The worth and dignity of each individual •
• Respect for the diverse groups in our multicultural society •
• Representative government and even-handed justice that maintains equality of rights for
all people •
• Cooperation and understanding among all people for the peace of the world •
• The basic freedoms of all individuals — we oppose discrimination of any kind on the basis of
race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation or identity, age, or national origin •
We stand in solidarity with Black Lives Matter, and re-dedicate ourselves to this mission
in a world that needs boldness, compassion and inclusion now more than ever.
George Floyd’s Death Sparks Massive Nationwide Protests: Anger boils over at the killing of another African American in police custody. Click here for more.